Because I love authentic Chinese cuisine.. on my birthday I’m sharing with you my very favourite Chinese dish ❤
油焖茄子(you men qie zi) Braised Egg Plant In Soy Sauce
2 eggplants, 1 red pepper, 3 garlic cloves, 2 spring onions chopped, 1 tbsp ginger, salt and pepper to taste, 2 tbsp light soy sauce, 3 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/3 tsp rice vinegar, 1 tsp sesame oil
1. Slice egg plant, salt and set aside for 30 min. Wash off the salt.
2. Seed and dice red pepper, finely chop garlic and ginger.
2. Mix soy sauce, 1 tbs of olive oil, sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil and 1 garlic clove, ginger, set aside.
3. Heat 2 tbs of oil add 1 spring onion, 2 garlic cloves, mix and fry for 30 sec, add egg plant, stir-fry for 5 min, add red pepper, mix.
4. Pour in the soy sauce mixture, cover and braise for another 5-10 minutes or until the egg plant is tender, add another spring onion.
5. Serve over rice and enjoy 🙂